World of Words
, designed by Discovery Educational Software is a utility for learning English vocabulary through pictures. This program is conceived for young people.
- Visual stimuli: proved to be one of the most successful methods in teaching, visual stimuli reinforce learning. World of Words method is based on this effective visual stimulus to optimize the learning of new English vocabulary.
- Database: in its database, World of Words gathers no less than 1,000 words and 300 sentences that cover all aspects of daily life. For instance, young children can have all vocabularies related to Kitchen, the Body, Shape and Color and more.
- Activities: young people learning English vocabularies are offered diverse activities. World of Words offers four activities that are Words, Sentences, Quiz and Writing. Each one of these activity gathers exercises to better remember a word.
- Printable progress record: after a session, users are given the choice to record work or not. Note that this report can be printed. It mainly contains the name of the young child, the date of the exercise with Page titles in all activities.
- Help and instructions are available in several languages (French, German, Spanish and Polish).
- The interface is well-designed and funny.