Whether it is to create a graph from scratch or from a file, Graphstream is the solution. It is a dynamic Java library for handling graphs. This solution focuses on the dynamic aspects of the graphs.
- Management: GraphStream provides a tool to manage the evolution of graphs. It means that it can change the values that are stored in the nodes and edges of a graph over time. It also stores any kind of data attribute on the graph elements.
- Topology change: the software allows to manage the "change of topology" of the graph, meaning that the addition, the deletion and the modification of nodes can be changed at any time. In addition to that, it can also change the evolution and the attributes (of the graphs) according to user’s needs.
- Visualization: the software allows to rewrite the graphics implementations (AdjacencyListGraph, and SingleGraph multigraph). It will display graphs and the rendering of elements can be personalized.
- It is possible to use Camera UI with the new version (1.1.2).
- The software is free to download.
- Many bugs are fixed and documentation is available on the editor’s website.
- GraphStream software requires users to learn to control system in order to properly handle it.
Documentation, tutorials, and plugins available on https://graphstream-project.org/