Even though the competition has gotten stronger, Spotify without a doubt remains the most complete and user-friendly music streaming service on the market.
What is Spotify? Spotify is a digital audio content service that allows you to enjoy a gigantic streamable catalog of music, podcasts and audiobooks. In the Spotify desktop app for Windows you can search for music by your favorite artists, listen to millions of songs of all genres on demand, access playlists, get personalized recommendations, discover new releases and more.
- Listen to your favorite songs and shows: Spotify gives you free access to music, radio, playlists and podcasts.
- Discover new artists and groups: Find music from all over the world and receive tailor-made suggestions based on your music taste and listening history.
- Cross-platform: Spotify can run on Android devices and iPhones, as well as on Windows and Mac computers, Chromecast, PlayStation consoles, TVs and much more.
- Create your own playlists: You can create your own playlists and share them with friends over WhatsApp and social media.
- Offline mode: Download your songs, playlists and podcasts in order to listen to them offline wherever you are.
How Much is Spotify Premium?
So how much does Spotify cost? Downloading and installing is completely free. With the free version of the service, you will have access to all content on the platform, but your songs will be interrupted from time to time by commercials. For an ad-free experience, you can choose for a Spotify subscription. Spotify Premium is available in different flavours and prices. If you currently study at a higher education institution, you may be eligible for a special Spotify Student plan. The below table shows you the exact characteristics and prices of each available subscription type:
The Best Spotify Music Alternatives
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Disk Space: 10 GB free disk space.
Besides the mobile Spotify app for Android and iOS, there is also a Spotify desktop application for Mac. If you prefer not having to install Spotify locally, you can use the Spotify Web browser player.
More Spotify Articles
- Use Spotify as your alarm.
- The best Spotify visualizers.
- Spotify group sessions.
- Spotify Wrapped year overview.
Images: © Spotify.