Planning a Mac shutdown requires a special program like Mac Shutdown X
. It is designed by Pomola and offers several setting options for this task.
- Planning: with Mac Shutdown X, it is possible to switch off Mac. The user can choose to turn it off an hour and at a specified time. Users can also schedule its shut down after carrying out an action such as a download for example.
- Soft Shutdown: already at hand in the previous version, the Soft Shutdown method comes from Mac Finder. This option integrated to Mac Shutdown X stops all running applications in order to put the Mac off.
- Hard Shutdown: Mac Shutdown X's editor with this new version added a method to quickly stop the machine. Hard Shutdown is issued directly to the system. With this option, the Mac will turn off without problem even if an application refuses to stop.
- For hourly and précised planning, the progress bar indicates the remaining time.
- Mac Shutdown X is endowed with a well-designed and intuitive interface.
- This trial version expires after 30 days of use.