With the world "tweet" that is already stamped on several dictionaries, Twitter
is a famous social networking and micro-blogging service that is entirely free of charge. It has been released in 2006 and founded by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Evan Williams and Biz Stone.
- Tweets: working as a social network service, Twitter enables to send via its website, short micro-posts that all users can follow. They can be a short sentence, individual messages, video, audio, magazine or fresh breaking news.
- Adding and following content: users are allowed to add content, monitor content and conversations for video sharing, TweetDeck, HootSuite, Salesforce.com as well as Twitterfeed.
- Account checking: since celebs are in numbers using Twitter, it has been integrated with a feature that can verify their accounts. That way, no one will be able to use fake celebs' names as their account.
- Compatibility: Twitter owns mobile apps destined for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Nokia S40. Another mobile version has been created enabling users to send SMS and MMS.
- Twitter is multilingual and renowned worldwide.
- The interface is plain and intuitive.
- You can have it free of charge.