Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
is the most versatile and powerful edition of Windows 7. Easy to use, it combines entertainment options offered by the Home Premium and practical features of Windows 7 Professional. These features include the ability to run various existing programs designed for Windows XP.
- For an increase security, use BitLocker (TM) and BitLocker -To-Go (TM) to better protect your confidential files. For more flexibility, you can work in different languages, 35 in all. With Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, you can have everything at your fingertips. User-friendly
- All tasks are simplified. Thanks to the new taskbar and features such as Snap, comparing two windows is a breeze. In addition, lists of links give you access to your most frequently used files with just two clicks.
- Use HomeGroup to create a home network and connect your Windows 7PCs to a printer.
- Choose your preferred language among the 35 available. Faster
- Find anything on your computer (documents, photos or e-mails). Simply enter a word or a few letters under Windows Search.
- Windows 7 Professional takes full advantage of the latest 64-bit processors. *Windows XP mode requires the OEM pre-installation or post-purchase download of Windows XP mode (compatible with Windows 7 Professional or the Ultimate edition) as well as a virtualization technology such as Windows Virtual PC.
Requirements: Requirements for Windows ® 7
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit)/2 GB (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit)/20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX ® 9 graphics card with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver. If you are performing an upgrade from Windows XP, you need to save your files and settings, proceed with the installation and the re-installation of your files, settings and additional existing programs.
Conditions required for the use of certain features:
- Internet access (with fee)
- Depending on the resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center features, a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- The touch interface of Windows and Windows Tablet technology requires specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running on Windows 7
- The creation of DVD/CD requires a compatible optical drive
- Music and sound require audio output
- Windows XP mode requires:
- 1 GB additional RAM
- Additional 15GB of available disk space
- A processor capable of hardware-assisted virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V technology enabled. All features and graphics performance of the product may vary depending on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware. 32-bit or 64 -bit? To meet all your needs and requirements, Windows 7 contains two versions: 32-bit and 64-bit. The download manager allows you to select one and/or the other versions. Some features available in the previous versions of Windows are not included in Windows 7. You can have free access to similar programs including Windows Live (TM) Mail, Photo Gallery, Messenger and Movie Maker with Windows Live Essentials, here.