Although the AliExpress app works fine and its overall evaluation is good, using the platform itself rises many questions related to ethical practices and consumerism.
AliExpress was created in 2010 and is today one of the most famous online retail services. It is based in China and the platform connects sellers (individuals or groups) with buyers, offering e-commerce services exclusively. On this page, you will find a link to the AliExpress shopping app, as well as a description of its key features.
The latest version of the app has many buyer-friendly features, such as:
- Image Search: you can take a picture of the item you are looking for and then upload it to the app. This way, AliExpress will find a match (exact or similar) and save you a great deal of time.
- Buyer Protection: refunds are usually done within 15-30 days.
- Coins and Coupons: the app offers you the possibility to earn coins and coupons thanks to your purchases.
- More to Love section: the app creates a personalized channel with items related to the ones you like and thus, helps you find more gems.
- User-friendly interface: this app is easy-to-use and offers countless items and categories.
How Long Does AliExpress Take To Ship
On average, AliExpress orders take 3-4 weeks to ship, with some retailers taking even longer.
Is It Free?
The Indian government banned the AliExpress app in November 2020 source: BBC due to cyber-security concerns. Moreover, the platform has been criticized for encouraging consumerism and fast-fashion.
Sources: BBC; Vice Magazine
Images: Google Play