A MacOS X version is available here.
Celestia is a 3D astronomy program that provides the ability to travel in space, in three dimensions and in real time.
- Exploration: unlike other programs of its genre, Celestia is well-known for giving the opportunity to observe and travel through the universe. It is possible to explore the solar system, know more about no less than 100,000 stars or other planets on our galaxy.
- Configurable: with many zoom functions, you can travel in space. It should be noted that all movements carried out with the program are performed in a very smoothly manner.
- Point-and-go: with the «Point-and-go" option, it is very easy to navigate with and never get lost with Celestia. Indeed, for a ride in space, you just have to point the mouse to the desired destination, click on its name and access to it.
- Extensible: besides, Celestia is endowed with a large catalog of stars, galaxies, planets, moons, asteroid and comets. You can add easy-to-install plug-ins to discover more elements.
- This is an open source.
- Nothing special to report.
Alternative spelling: celestia-win32-1.6.1.exe, celestia-win32.exe