Although screen magnifiers have been especially designed for visually impaired people, they are also used by normal people for special needs. Not like the majority of screen magnifiers, Virtual Magnifying Glass is free, very easy-to-use and entirely customizable.
- Movable magnifying glass: Virtual Magnifying Glass is different from other similar programs thanks to its movable magnifying glass. Indeed, other software of this genre opens a separate program window for the magnification.
- Color inversion: most of the time, people with visual impairments choose to invert colors. The application allows users to turn text from black-on-white to white-on-black. This feature aims at reducing screen glare and at the same time can be ideal for those suffering from (AMD) age-related macular degeneration.
- Invisible magnifier: the application does not take too much space in the system. Virtual Magnifying Glass can be hidden if the user does not want it to appear on the screen. For that, the user just has to press the button “Esc”. Enabling and disabling it is also possible at any time.
- Magnification modes: as for the magnification modes, the user can displace the magnifier to the left, right, above and down. Apart from that, the user can as well extend the height and the breadth of the magnifier.
- It is an ideal tool for visually impaired people.
- Keyboard shortcuts are available.
- Nothing to report.