Resource Hacker allows you to bypass the .exe and .dll extensions so that you can view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in Windows executables and resource files.
Key features :
- What can be viewed? This application allows you to view cursor, icon, Bitmap, GIF, AVI and JPG resource images. The following can be viewed as decompiled resource scripts : Menus, Dialogs, MessageTables, StringTables, Accelerators, Delphi Forms, and VersionInfo resources while WAV and MIDI audio resources can be played back.
- What are the formats to save resources ? The following formats can be used to save the resources : *.ico, *bmp, *.rc, *.res, *.bin.
- How do you modify resources? There are two methods to do it : replacement of the resource with another one found in another file or by the use of the internal resource compiler.
- How do you add resources ? You only need to copy resources from external resource files.
- How do you delete resources ? Applications include resources from compilers and their removal makes your applications smooth.
- Minimal footprint on computer resources
- No hassle even run on older machines
- None so far.
Alternative spelling: ResssourceHacker.zip