Public PC Desktop
is a program for sharing a PC with multiple users without giving them the access to confidential information some selected programs. This means that it can create a workstation to be used on public places.
- Sharing a single computer: thanks to this software, it is possible to share a unique Pc with multiple users without any risk of altering files stored in the machine. This tool helps to protect data from being opened, printed or accidentally damaged by other users.
- Program restriction: Public PC Desktop offers the possibility to restrict access to certain files and programs on the computer. Prohibited programs have just to be specified in the control panel and nobody can get them ran.
- Connection blockage: this program also allows blocking access to specific URLs. The administrator will be able to create a black list containing the addresses that the temporary user cannot visit.
- Disabling keys: in addition to Websites and programs, Public PC Desktop can also disable certain keys of the computer's keyboard. When setting up this option, the software displays a list of all buttons and the user only has to tick on the box next the key to disable.
- Security level: the administrator is free to set passwords for the access to certain programs or websites. He can also grant a time limited access to a specific user so that this one can open certain files for a given period only.
- Public PC Desktop is available in multilingual version.
- This is a shareware. The full version one has to be purchased.