Add network support to Windows Live Movie Maker - Windows 7
- You use Windows Live Movie Maker to edit your movies. Now you've probably noticed that it does not allow you to import videos from a network location. A problem you can solve easily by making a small change in the registry.
- When you open a video file from a network, Windows Live Movie Maker lets you know that this is not possible.
- To correct this, click Start. Enter the command regedit and confirm with Enter.
- Then pull down the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows Live, Movie Maker.
- Click menu Edit, New, DWORD Value 32-bit.
- Name the value AllowNetworkFiles and double click it.
- Set its value to 1. Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
- You can now import video from your network shares.