It is now, officially Hotmail offers its service to push email, contacts and calendar. Here's how to configure your account.
What is The push ?
With the thrust system, often called PUSH, your emails will be sent from the server to your phone, your phone without having to check the box regularly. Works just like SMS messages, for example.
In this way your emails are barely a few moments after, and your battery will be less impacted.
Similarly, any changes applied to your contact list or your calendar from your computer will be immediately applied to your phone.
- How to configure my hotmail account in push on my iPhone?
On iPhone go to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Add Account ...
- A list of various services appears. Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter the following information:
- Address: Your hotmail address (eg Iphone4fr.ForEver @ hotmail.com)
- Domain: Leave blank
- Username: your hotmail address (eg Iphone4fr.ForEver @ hotmail.com)
- Password: The password for your Hotmail account
- Description: Hotmail
- Click Next
- The same window appears, but a new field has emerged:
- Server: m.hotmail.com
- Validate by clicking on the blue button Save (top right).
- A new window appears asking you the services you want to synchronize.
- Leave Mail, Contacts and Calendars activated (or only emails) and click Save.
- How to configure a PUSH Hotmail account in iPhone ?
- Hotmail account on iphone not working - How-To - Hotmail
- Add hotmail account to iphone - How-To - Email
- Configure a Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo mail account to your iPad - How-To - iPad
- Hotmail account recovery - How-To - Hotmail
- Hotmail account - How-To - Hotmail