An HTC Phone
can be used as an excellent modem
. One can always connect to the internet through PCs or laptops using the HTC Phone
. To enable the modem functionality HTC Sync 3.0
has to be downloaded and the Data Connection feature
of the HTC Phone
has to be enabled. To complete the synchronization process, the phone has to be connected to the computer and by selecting the Internet sharing option
, the process will get complete. With revolution in telephony, the HTC Phone
will always keep its owner connected to the internet. This process is, however, applicable only for Android 2.1 based phones
from HTC. A compatible operating system on your computer with an internet phone package and a USB cable are all required to complete the process.
- These tips work for Android 2.1 based HTC phones:
- HTC Legend
- HTC Desire
- HTC Wildfire
- HTC Aria
- HTC Hero
- Software needed: HTC Sync 3.0
- Download here (Installation guidelines provided)
- Computer OS (32 and 64 bit versions):
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- You'll need to be subscribed to an internet package with your mobile operator for this to work
- You'll need to use a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (this is usually provided with the phone)
Here's how to use your HTC phone as a modem, connecting your PC, netbook or laptop to the internet and allowing you to browse webpages, send/receive emails and use your instant messaging software, anywhere and at any time:
- Download and install HTC Sync 3.0
- Turn on the "Data Connection" feature of your phone (usually configured by the mobile operator)
- From the Home screen, select "Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks". Check the box next to "Data Connection"
- Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable - the synchronization process is an easy one
- In the "Connect to PC interface", select the "Internet sharing" option and click "Done"
Source Official HTC website
Published by deri58
Latest update on November 8, 2012 at 01:10 PM by Jeff.