The Sony Ericsson Xperia-x10-mini's Bluetooth
faces connectivity problems with other such devices even after activation. The Sony Ericsson phone allows Bluetooth
connectivity with hands-free devices. To solve the connection problem Bluetooth File Transfer
needs to be downloaded and installed on the Xperia-x10-mini
. Through the Bluetooth settings
in the phone, one can set up synchronization with similar devices. Sending and receiving files can be done through the Bluetooth File transfer widget
. With the revolutions in telephony, the Xperia-x10-mini
will never have connectivity problems.
I am unable to send or receive files via Bluetooth on my Xperia X10 Mini mobile phone. Even with the Bluetooth feature activated I am unable to establish a connection with other devices.
This is because Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini phones only allow a Bluetooth connection with hands-free devices. To make a connection with other devices and send/receive files via Bluetooth, you must download and install a program.
Download and install the Bluetooth File Transfer
- Click on the Home screen (the centre button) and then click on "Market"
- You will be asked to create a free Google Account. Simply follow the steps on screen
- Once on the Android Market, click on the little magnifying glass and write Bluetooth File Transfer
- Download the program to your phone and install it
Synchronize your phone with another Bluetooth device
Before sending or receiving files via Bluetooth, you must synchronize your phone with the other device (PC or mobile phone)
- In the Home screen click on "Settings > Wireless > Bluetooth Settings"
- In "Bluetooth devices" click the name of the device you want to sync with
- Enter the PIN for syncing and click "OK" Try 0000 or 1234. Do it quickly as you may have to do it several times until the other device gets the message: "Accept connection request from ....... "
- The user of the other device must accept your request and enter the same PIN code entered previously.
Both devices are now paired.
Sharing files via Bluetooth
Sending a photo
- Open the photo you want to send
- Click on the photo
- Click on the messaging icon in the upper left corner
- Click "Send by Bluetooth"
- Note: This option appears only after having installed the Bluetooth File Transfer
- On the next screen, click the device you want to send the photo to
Send a music file
- On the Home screen, click the "Bluetooth File Transfer" widget
- Click on "Local Files" and then "Music"
- Select the music files
- Press the "Menu" button on your phone and click "More"
- Click on "Send via Bluetooth ..."
- Click on the Bluetooth device you want to send files to
Receiving files via bluetooth
- To receive files by bluetooth you must access the memory/storage of another device and get the files you want
- In the Home screen, click the "Bluetooth File Transfer" widget
- Click "Remote Files", then click on the Bluetooth device you want to access
- Send a request to connect to another device. Once the request is validated you will be able to access its files
- Browse to find the picture or file you want
- Click on the photo or file
- Type the path of the folder where you want to save it, or leave it as the default folder. Click "OK"
This document, titled « Send files via Bluetooth Xperia X10 Mini », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM