Foxit Reader is an alternative PDF reader to Adobe Reader. It is importnat to update it regularly in order to take advantage of security updates and new software. In this article we will show you how to do so.
How to Update Foxit Reader
- Open Foxit Reader and in top right corner click on Help > Check for updates.
- In the window that opens, scroll down the left column to Reader updater and click on it. If there is a possible update, click Add.
- Following this step, the update will appear and you should click Install.
- Wait for the download to finish. Once it's done, the update should automatically be applied to the program. If this is not the case, close and reopen Foxit Reader then a message will appear confirming the update has been installed.
- If in the meantime, the software language has changed you can reset it by clicking Tools > Preferences. In the left column, click Language then select English and click Ok.
- To check which version you have and if it has been updated in Foxit Reader, click on Tools > About Foxit Reader.
- In the bottom left of the window that opened you will be able to see what version of Foxit Reader you are running.
Image: © 123RF.com