Use the Windows key to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu.
On all PC keyboards, there are at least a Windows key. Under the Microsoft system, it allows you to quickly open the Start menu. Why not use it to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu.
- To do this pull down menu System ? Preferences ? Keyboard Shortcuts
- Pull down the Action list to the item Display the main menu of the dashboard under the heading Office.
- Click on the text New Shortcut appears. Press the Windows key (it appears under the name Super L). and validate by clicking Close.
- Warning! With the new version of Ubuntu, this trick does not work anymore and if you press the Windows key nothing happens.
- To solve this bug, you must open the terminal and type the following command line:
gconftool-2-set / apps / metacity / global_keybindings / panel_main_menu-type string "Super_L"
- Now you can use the Windows key to open the Applications menu.
- Use the Windows key to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu.
- Windows key shortcuts stuck - Guide
- What is the key to be presented along with windows key to switch between english and kannada while typing - Guide
- Windows key + left arrow not working - Guide
- Key functions of spreadsheet applications - Articles
- Ctrl and windows key not working - Guide
This document, titled « Use the Windows key to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu. », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).