Here we look at Outlook configuration and how to synchronize an iPhone with Outlook.
This document offers tips on how to synchronize your iPhone with Outlook for Microsoft Vista and Windows XP. iTunes can also be configured, as is shown in this article. Once the iTunes configuration is done, the user can select the items which need to be synchronized.
When trying to synchronize contacts (email, phone etc) with Outlook, iTunes displays an error message saying it is unable to synchronize the operation.
- Set Outlook as the default program
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on Tools >Options and click on Others
- Check 'Set Outlook as default program for messaging, contacts and calendar'. Click on 'OK'.
To resolve this problem, you need to access the system
For Microsoft Vista
- Go to start menu and select Set program and access defaults
- Select Set program and access defaults
- In the left window, select Microsoft Outlook and right click Set this program as default program
- Close the window and click on OK.
For Windows XP
- Click on the Start menu and choose Set Program Access and Default
- In the left pane, select Set Program Access and Defaults and Select Custom
- Choose Outlook as your default mail program
- Once your configuration is set, open iTunes and follow these instructions:
- Click on iPhone in the left menu
- In the right window, select "News"
- Select items to synchronize
- Synchronize iPhone contacts with Outlook
- Sync iphone contacts to gmail - How-To - iPhone
- Export iphone contacts to sim - How-To - Android
- Share iphone contacts - How-To - Samsung
- How to backup iPhone contacts to my computer? ✓ - Forum - IPhone
- Turn off conversation view outlook iphone - How-To - Android