Disabling the hibernation feature
To disable the hibernation feature of Vista, follow this procedure:
- Open a command prompt in Administrator mode:
- Start>Type Cmd in the search bar and press CTRL+Shift+Enter (to open the command prompt as admintrator)
- Type the following command and press the Enter key:
- Exit the Command Prompt window.
Note that: to re-activate hibernation simply use the command below:
Deleting the Hibernation file
To delete the Hibernation file:
- Click on Start > Type "Disk Cleanup" in the Search field
- Open the Disk cleanup utility
- Perform a scan on the partition where Vista is installed
- Once the scan is done, check "Hibernation file" in the list and click on OK
- Confirm the warning message with the "Delete Files" button.
This document, titled « Windows Vista - Disable Hibernation », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM