Windows Explorer normally will prompt you to restore the last opened windows upon restarting your PC, here's a simple tip to disable this feature.
By default, Windows stores the configuration at each stop. You can disable this backup by following these steps:
- Click on Start > Run > type regedit
- Expand the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Create a new DWORD named as NoSaveSetting.
- Double-click the string created and assign one of the following:
- 0 to enable save settings
- 1 to disable save settings
- Close registry and restart your PC.