The best way to find duplicate photos on your computer.
If like me you manage a lot of images to illustrate your blog, after a while you end up with several duplicates. To avoid this, I suggest you use the free software Duplicate Photo Finder.
- Before anything else you need to download the software here: http://www.duplicate-finder.com/photo.html.
- The installation does not pose any problem it will not be discussed in tutorial.
- The interface is cleaned up and very user friendly
- 1: This icon allows you to add a directory to scan (you can add multiple directories)
- 2: This icon allows you to delete a directory to scan.
- 3: This icon allows you to change the order of directories to scan.
- 4: This icon will delete the current list of directories to scan.
- 5: List of directories to scan
- 6: This button allows you to scan directories for duplicate photo.
- 7: Displays the selected picture with a match rate, the higher the rate, the higher the picture is the same (although the example shown). Then if you consider that the picture is duplicated delete a photo by clicking on the trash.
- 8: Listing photos duplicates detected by the software.
- Before seeing an example of use, click Settings, then tick all the boxes. All image types recognized by the software will be taken into account.
- Once you add the directory to scan click Start Search.
- The scan begins and it tells you in real time the number of duplicate (s) detected (s).
- At the end of the scan an informational message displays the number of possible duplication and the time taken to scan images. Besides being efficient on the detection of duplicates, it is very fast, 43 seconds to 1000 images (This also depends on image size).
- The list of suspected duplicate images are displayed below. In order not to lose too much time I advise you to classify the images by the similarity rate (Column similarity). If the value is 100 no doubt the pictures are duplicates (see image above).
- As you will note the similarity rate drops very quickly below 20% there are high chances that the image is not duplicated.
- On these two pictures not easy for the software, actually it does not like, it's just the color and taste changes.
- You can now sort your photos and save a few megabytes on your hard drive.
- A negative points (except the number of false-positive), the inability to delete all photos at 100% at once, you must confirm by 2 times the deletion of the photo. I bet that in the following striking is more optimized.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 10, 2010 at 01:16 AM by aakai1056.