Some of the Icons on the desktop are not correctly displayed. I'm think that my computer is infected, what can be done?
It may be that your icon cache is corrupted and it is required that you rebuilt it.
- Click on Start, type "Folder Options" in the search bar and press the Enter key
- In the Views tab check the "Show Hidden files and folder" and click on OK.
- Go to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local folder.
- You shall find this file IconCache.db (actually the icon cache)
- Delete the file and reboot.
- At next start up the cache shall be rebuilt.