Set a theme with your city weather
More and more themes offer you a weather viewer from the springboard or lockscreen.
The only problem is that the themes are often settled on the city of its creator. Here is a small tutorial for those who do not know how to adapt these themes according to their city.
- An integrated theme with weather.
- IFile or log-in SSH
Find the file type setting and type of weather code
- Explore your theme or SSH iFile to find the setup file of the theme. This one is named by the creator of the theme, so you'll have to look a bit location of this file in the theme. Its name is most often "settings" or "config" in xml (but it's different on each topic)
- In these files, there are often other settings such as language, time format, etc ... it's up to you to customize these settings to your tastes.
- Once you locate the file, open it and find the part about the weather and the associated code
- Example iFile and the new theme "Heavy Metal HD"for iPhone 4
- When the original code looks like this:
- Enter the name of your city in the space provided for this purpose and submit.
- The code and the name of your city appear below.
- When the code looks like this:
- Enter the name of your city and click OK.
- The code appears in the URL of the page, next to the name of the city.
Edit your settings
- Once your code in hand, edit the setting file of the theme:
- Either by SSH (by importing the file on your desktop, editing it with a text editor and replacing the original by yours)
Either directly with iFile
Make a "respring" and now you have the weather to the nearest you.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 20, 2010 at 01:08 AM by aakai1056.