Use Gmail SMTP server
I tried sending emails with the mail () function in php.ini like this:
; For Win32 only.
SMTP smtp.topnet.tn = / * (this is the address of my ISP's SMTP server)
smtp_port = 25
but mail () function generates the following error: Warning: mail () [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 451
means that: 451 - The command has-been aborted due to a server error.
so I would like to know how to use gmail smtp server if possible.
My message was very clear, I tried with the smtp of my ISP (topnet) but it did not work because it seems to me that the mail () function does not work for
this server (SMTP server response: 451), so I wanted to know what it is possible to use the SMTP server for gmail, and I just found out now that it's possible but after some configuration, this is the Solution:
- Download msmtp: http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/download.html
- Install msmtp: I chose to resume the installation of Apache to install msmtp. So I extract the binary archive msmtp.exe previously downloaded and put it in C: \ AMP \ apache \ bin \
- Configure msmtp: I created a file C: \ AMP \ apache \ conf \ msmtp.conf this way:
tls_trust_file C: \ AMP \ apache \ conf \ ca-roots.crt
logfile C: \ AMP \ apache \ logs \ msmtp.log
tls_trust_file is required to validate the SSL connection required by Gmail. Geotrust download the file "Equifax Secure Certificate Authority (Base-64 encoded X.509)" I've moved / renamed C: \ AMP \ apache \ conf \ ca-roots.crt.
- Reconfigure PHP by editing the php.ini file. Comment lines SMTP and sendmail_from then add:
sendmail_path = "C: \ AMP \ apache \ bin \ msmtp.exe - file C: \ AMP \ apache \ conf \ msmtp.conf-t"
- Restart Apache if PHP is running as a module and you do your testing in this SAPI
Solved by azerty123
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on December 7, 2010 at 06:21 AM by aakai1056.