If you are running out of disk space and still you want to keep all your emails, here's a little feature under Thunderbird
that can save your day.
Thunderbird can be configured to Compact your mail folders, that is compressing them in to optimize disk space .
- To make use of this feature simply:
- Select you Folder (Inbox, trash...etc) >File menu> Compact Folders.
Note that: you can configure Thunderbird to automatically compact a folder exceeding a certain size:
- Tools > Options >Advanced Tab
- Go to the "Network & Disk space" section
- Check the box next to " Compact folders when it will save over" ...
- Configure the size in MB.
- Validate with the Ok button.
This document, titled « Thunderbird - Compressing your mail folders », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM