- I just bought Modern Warfare 2 this morning.
- But, I feel initial disappointment about installing the game, which requires going through STEAM !
- I find it very heavy as a process, especially when you have a very slow connection and the game, set installation over 13h, is only 15% of downloading STEAM!!!
- Do you have a solution to install this game without going through steam?
- Completely close Steam (even in the tasktbar)
- Go into the Steam directory (for me C: \ Program Files \ Steam).
- Locate and rename the ClientRegistry.blob file (eg ClientRegistryPAS_BON.blob)
- Reinsert the DVD in the drive -> Re-install
- Steam will restart ! You'll have to do a mandatory update of approx 1 min download before the installation process is done from the DVDs ->http://img43.yfrog.com/i/wf2s.jpg/
Thanks to zefin for this tip.
This document, titled « Modern Warfare 2 and Steam issue », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM