The side button of my new ARC mouse isn't working! The device has been sucessfully installed and except from this small problem, everything is fine.
This is due to the fact that the side button is by default assigned to the Flip3D feature of Aero and if you're running Vista Home basic or Windows 7 basic/Starter... this button is completely useless!
- But still you can configure it for another purposes, here's how to proceed:
Step 1: download the appropriate software/driver
It should be noted that there's no driver or software installation mini-disc included in the Arc Mouse bundle (as with other devices of this type), so you must fetch it directly from Microsoft support Website.
First connect the device to the PC:
- Go on this page :http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx
- Click on the "Software for Microsoft keyboard, mouse, and fingerprint reader products" link
- On the next page, you will be required to specify the type device/ product name/ operating system / language (e.g below, with Windows 7 64-bits)
- Click on the "Go" button.
- Based on the information entered you shall be redirected to a compatible version of "IntelliPoint" software
- Download and install it as with any other software.
Configure your Mouse with Intellipoint
- Once you install Intellipoint, it will be available in "the Mouse Properties" options:
- Start> Control Panel > Mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties Windows select the "Button tab".
- It should look like this (if the Device is connected):
- Expand the Left side button section and assign one of the available action.
- Validate with the Apply button.
This document, titled « Microsoft Arc Mouse - Left side button issue », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM