I was watching a movie on my lCompaq 610 when the sound suddenly went down. I tried restarting without any success. I have windows 7 which have been working quite well with the laptop.
- Uninstall the supplied sound card driver via add/remove programs, then reboot the laptop.
- At startup, it will use a generic driver for the sound and it should work without any problem. Don't reinstall the Compaq Sound driver.
- Compaq 610 - Sound issue
- Compaq 610 sound drivers for windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Compaq 610 laptop web came driver and softwar ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Compaq 610 vista compatible graphics driver ✓ - Forum - Drivers
- Compaq 610 drivers ✓ - Forum - Drivers
- Not able to load windows xp in compaq 610 ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
This document, titled « Compaq 610 - Sound issue », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).