is one of the most popular and affordable music players of recent times. Sony Walkman
can play a variety of audio
file formats. However, sometimes it may be that while transferring songs, the process hangs and the device is treated as a generic USB device
. To rectify the problem, one has to access the Device Manager
from Control Panel and update the driver software
. Once the software update is complete, the device should be recognized properly and music transfer should happen without any hassle.
Every time I transfer songs on my Sony Walkman nwz-b142f, the process hangs up. My PC treats it as a generic USB device.
The MTP driver is already present on your device. First connect it to your PC and follow the below procedure:
- Open 'Control Panel' > 'System and Maintenance' > 'Device Manager'
- Scroll to "Portable Devices", click '+' sign
- (You will see MTP with yellow '!' sign)
- Right-click, select "Update Driver Software..."
- Select/click the option "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Select/click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- (There should be 2 options here) select/click "USB mass storage driver"
- Click Next
- That should do it
Solved by amr omran
This document, titled « Sony Walkman nwz-b142f detected as simple USB drive », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM