One of the major shortcomings of the iOS is that, the latter lacks ability to customize its icons or the GUI application without jailbreak.
The site RazorianFly found a trick to change icons of your applications without having a jailbroken iPhone.
- 1. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer and launch the iPhone software Explorer.
- 2. Click on the name of your device, browse and change the icon of the application of your choice iPhone Explorer.
3. You should see two icons for your application: "icon.png" and "email@example.com" for the version without display Retina. Rename these two icons in "icon_vo.png" and "icon@2x_vo.png" to not delete the original icon
4. Finally, add the icons of your choice by calling it "icon.png" and "firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Icon.png = 57 × 57 pixels
- Icon@2x.png = 114 × 114 pixels
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on June 21, 2011 at 10:40 AM by aakai1056.