If after launching an application, a blue screen appears on your screen displaying below error message :
Bad Pool Caller
Bad Pool Header
The error message or Caller Bad Bad Pool Header display whenever a call for an application failed. It is usually followed by a set of numbers, often in the form 0x *****) specifying the type of error.
Below are some tribulations that might lead to the above mentioned error failure:
- Driver (driver) graphics card corrupt
- USB ports in the boot sequence BIOS. Simply enter the BIOS setup and remove USB devices of the boot sequence: (boot sequence)
- memory (RAM) defective
- CPU Overheating
If you get this error message at startup and you are unable to boot Windows
- This may be due to a faulty hardware:
- A memory module is faulty
- Your BIOS takes a lot of time to identify the device
- You haven't connected keyboard and mouse properly (check the PS2 connectors)
- CPU/ graphics card highly overclocked
- First,disconnect all USB devices, check that the keyboard connector is not in the port for the mouse connector (vice versa)
- Try to start your PC, if Windows boots, the problem was due to a failing USB device/port or a wrongly connected one!
- If Windows doesn't boot then start your computer with a single memory module.
- This will allow you to identify the faulty memory module.
- If the BIOS of your motherboard is recent, please check that you have not connected a CD drive or hard disk dating from 1998 or earlier.
- Unplug all the internal device (except the hard drisk, of course).
- In the case that you have highly-overclocked CPU and/or your graphics card from the BIOS.
- Do a "Load default setting" (reset the BIOS settings) save and restart.
"I've always this problem, what to do?
Your motherboard must be defective, replace it. (better take advice from a professional before making any expensive purchase).
You get this error message while using Windows
- This is due to an incorrectly installed driver.
- "You use a program that tries to make a critical change to Windows.
- "You have this error message during a game or when the PC has been in use for more than a few hours.
- Reinstall your drivers.
If it works, fine, if it does not work, then check out if:
- You are using software that wants to make a critical change to Windows (eg edit a file important for the proper functioning of Windows)
- Your system overheating. Remove dust. Change the thermal paste, replace cooling fans by more powerful ones.
This document, titled « Bad Pool Caller/ Header », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM