How to recognize a failing hard disk?
You want to know if your hard drive to a problem, just by listening to the sound emitted?
- Datacenter, a company specializing in data recovery, has a page regrouping the different sound of a hard drive when the latter is failing.
- And according to the noise and brand of hard disk, it is possible to identify (more or less precisely) the type of failure.
- You can hear the different sounds from the following brand: Western Digital, Seagate, Maxtor, Samsung, Hitachi GST, IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu and Quantum.
Click the little "play" icon on this page:
If your hard drive is making noises like those mentioned in the DataCenter page and you are still able to access your files, make a backup!
- What's the sound does a failing hard drive?
- How to unlock wd hard drive without password - How-To - Hardware
- Wd external hard drive light on but not working ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Types of hard drive partitions - Articles
- Folder not accessible external hard drive ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Touro hard drive not recognized ✓ - Forum - Laptop