Upon closing Windows XP, while some applications are still running, your OS will prompt you to close all the running program beforehand.
- You can disable this small notification, here's how:
- Click Start > Run > "regedit" then press the Enter key
- Look for the following key
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop and double-click it.
- Create a new string value named AutoEndTasks and set it value to 1
- Close the Registry Editor
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect
- Windows XP - Turnoff/shutdown your PC without any notification
- Win32 download for pc windows xp - How-To - Operating Systems
- Asus eee pc windows xp factory settings ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- When i shutdown my pc it restarts windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows
- A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer win xp ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows xp restarts after shutdown ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
This document, titled « Windows XP - Turnoff/shutdown your PC without any notification », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).