You can configure CCleaner automatically clean (a particular type of) files from any folder or exclude on the contrary exclude them while cleaning your system.
- Open the program
- Click on Options (small blue gear icon-in the left colum)
- The two tabs that will concern us are:
- Include: allows you to define the types of files that must be deleted and from which folder
- Exclude:allows you to define which files, folders or registry entries will remain untouched.
To include files
Click on the Include Tab > in the right pane click on the Add button
- In the now dialog that opens check the appropriate options
In the "Include section"
- To include a particular file > check the "File" option > click on browse and select the file (Note that in this mode the File Type section will be grayed out)
- To include a particular Drive or folder > check the "Drive or Folder" option > click on browse and select folder or drive of your choice
The next step is to configure the file type.
- If you want to clean all the files in the folder then leave the "All files" option checked
- In the other case define the file types that you want to clean out, as below:
In this example all the .png files from the Picture library will be clean out each time CCleaner is launched.
You can add other file format using a comma (,) as seperator .
To exlude files, folders registry keys
- To define an exclusion, Firs click on the Exclude tab and then on the Add button
- In the new dialog select the type of exclusion, will it be a particular file, folder or registry entry, check the appropriate option and indicate the path to this particular item using the Browse button
- CCleaner - Using Inclusions or Exclusions.
- Vat inclusive and vat exclusive formula - How-To - Excel
- This bios is exclusively for acer only ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Replace Windows Disk Cleanup by Ccleaner. - How-To - Ccleaner
- CCleaner - Run at startup - How-To - Ccleaner
- CCleaner - Manage system restore points - How-To - Ccleaner