When you open up Outlook Express you get the following error message:
An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure SSL: No, Error 0x800c0131Ce problem may be due to corruption or lack of Folders.dbx file.
- To solve this, simply restore the file Folders.dbx.
- Search for Folders.dbx using the search tool(Start/Find/Files or Folders).
- Rename the file to make a backup, for example Folders.bak.
- Launch Outlook Express. Folders.dbx file is automatically recreated and the application opens correctly.
- Outlook Express - The message could not be sent (0x800c0131)
- Unable to delete messages in Outlook Express - How-To - Office Software
- Outlook mobile ungroup messages - How-To - Android
- Outlook Express - Unable to send large files - How-To - Outlook
- Outlook Express - create letter paper/insert background image - How-To - Outlook
- Outlook Express - Using UTF encoding - How-To - Office Software
This document, titled « Outlook Express - The message could not be sent (0x800c0131) », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).