Adjust the brightness in Ubuntu 10.10
After installing Ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop, I was faced with a problem when I wanted to change the brightness of the display: Fn + left / right, but it does not work.
- Open the Terminal
- Enter the following command=> sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
Note that you can use your favorite text editor (nano, vim, ...) until you start editing the file as root.
- In grub editor, change the line "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" to "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux"
- Back into the terminal and update your grub with the command "sudo update-grub"
- Restart your computer
- Adjust the brightness in Ubuntu 10.10
- Adjust the Brightness on Fujitsu Siemens Monitor - How-To - Hardware
- Windows Phone 8.1 - Manually adjust the brightness level - How-To - Mobile
- How to install tar.gz in ubuntu - How-To - Ubuntu
- Xvideoservicethief ubuntu software update ✓ - Forum - System software
- Xvideoservicethief en uptodown com ubuntu download ✓ - Forum - Linux/Unix