Malicious software are often hidden in compressed files, to avoid detection by your antivirus software.
- You can configure Avast to perform a scan of your compressed files, during the extraction process (a period during which the malware can infect your system):
- Here's an example (for 7-zip files ,but note that this rule also applies to different type of containers ... event the ISO files)
- Open Avast > Real-Time Shields > in the right pane, click on the "Expert Settings'' button
- In the new window, move to the "Packers" section and check the type of "archive files'' to be monitored.
- Validate with the OK button.
- Configure Avast to scan 7-zip archives during extraction
- Avast mobile scan failed - How-To - Avast
- My zip archive writes error after unpacking ✓ - Forum - Mobile
- 7-zip error autodesk ✓ - Forum - Software
- You do not have sufficient privileges for configuring connection properties windows 7 - Forum - Network
- Avast Free Antivirus- Configure the duration of pop-up alerts - How-To - Avast
This document, titled « Configure Avast to scan 7-zip archives during extraction », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).