The desktop mode allows video playback directly over the desktop space (Works with Vista and 7). It is more practical than the full screen mode, as Windows taskbar will still be available in this mode.
- To enable desktop mode:
- Open VLC, click on the Tools menu > Preferences
- In the right pane within the "Show Settings" section switch from "Simple" to "All".
- Go to Videos > Output Modules > Direct 3D
- Check the box next to "Enable desktop mode"
- Click on the "Save button"
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM by Jeff.