The majority of PCs are unable to charge the Apple device when plugged into a USB port, while all Macs (since mid-2007) are able to do so.
The Apple device requires more than the usual 500 mA (at 5V) of USB ports and will only charge at 1 A. Contrary to popular belief, Apple does not use a proprietary system, but a USB standard options ("Battery Charging").
Specifically, the standard indicates that a classic USB 2.0 port can supply 1.5 A to the compatible devices and a dedicated USB port for recharging may even offer up to 1.8 A.
Here's a solution from Azus:
A software named Ai Charger that can deliver 1.2A instead of 0.5A to charge the iPad!
- an iPad (WiFi/3G)
- Ai Charger, download here
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Seven (32-bit or 64-bit )
- Unzip AiCharger_V10006_XpVista7.zip
- Open V1.00.06? folder
- Run "Setup.exe" to begin installation
iPhone and iPod Touch will recharge faster.
- Charging your iPad with a PC
- How to download ipad apps from itunes on your pc - How-To - iTunes
- Transfer video from ipad to pc - How-To - iPhone
- Ipad mirroring pc - How-To - iPhone
- Ipad 7th generation won't charge ✓ - Forum - IPad/iPod/iPod Touch
- Metal gear solid pc controller fix ✓ - Forum - PC Games