If you don't want to have the Java icon displayed in the system tray, then proceed as below:
- Click on Start> Contro Panel > Java
- This should open up the "Java Control Panel"
- Go to the Advanced Tab and expand the Micellanous section (click on the small + sign)
- Uncheck the box next to : "Place Java icon in system tray"
- Click on OK and close the Java control panel.
- Windows 7 - Remove Java icon from system tray
- Windows 7 - Hide system icon from the notification area - How-To - Windows 7
- Not genuine windows 7 removal tool - How-To - Windows
- Windows 7 notification area icons missing ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows 7 no wifi icon ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Windows 7 missing desktop icons ✓ - Forum - Windows
This document, titled « Windows 7 - Remove Java icon from system tray », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).