- Windows uses icons 32 pixels by 32 pixels as set as default.
- You can modify this value by editing the registry.
- Go to start menu / Run and type regedit
- Scroll to the following key:
- Create a new value and name it as Shell Icon Size. Give same the value that you wish in terms of pixels.
Alternative steps for changing desktop icon size.
- 1. Right Click Desktop, Choose Properties/
- 2. In the Properties Window click on the Appearance Tab at the top.
- 3. In the Appearance Window click on the button called Advanced
- 4. In the Advanced Appearance Window choose Item: from the drop down list and choose Icon and you can choose desired Icon size. By default many users will see 32 x 32 pixels but this can be changed to whatever you want.
This document, titled « WINDOWS - ICON SIZE », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).