When Instant-On is activated Quicktime will start playing streamed videos without any delay and if you have a slow connection, this may affect the playback quality.
To disable this feature:
- Click on the Edit menu > Preferences > Quicktime Preferences
- Select the "Streaming" Tab
- Uncheck the box next to "Enable Instant-On"
Click on Apply > OK
- Quicktime - Disable the Instant-On feature
- Quicktime disable recent - How-To - MacOS
- Disable the Performance Counter Feature in Windows - How-To - Windows 7
- IPhone - Disable the voice over feature - How-To - iPhone
- Firefox - Disable the session restore feature - How-To - Mozilla Firefox
- Excel - Disable the Fill handle feature - How-To - Excel
This document, titled « Quicktime - Disable the Instant-On feature », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).