Tried watching a movie on your LCD TV by connecting it to a laptop running Windows Vista using an HDMI cable ? Often you may find that although the visual is seen on the LCD TV there is no sound. Is it a hardware problem that you have encountered ? Don't worry, it is not a hardware problem and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your LCD or your laptop.
When I try to watch a film from my HP Pavilion laptop on my LCD TV, there's no sound. I am connected via an HDMI cable and I'm running Windows Vista. Is there any solution?
- Under Vista, you should go into the Control Panel, select Sound, then select Manage Audio Devices
- Rather than selecting the speakers, click on Output and select By Default
- It should be OK
Thanks to Edouard for this tip!
- Laptop to LCD TV via HDMI cable-no sound
- Laptop screen goes black when hdmi cable is plugged in windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hooking up Laptop to HD TV with HDMI Cable? - How-To - Hardware
- No sound on LCD tv with HDMI cable..Windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- Black Laptop Screen After Unplugging from HDMI Cable and TV ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hdmi cable no sound on tv ✓ - Forum - Hardware