If you are a Mac user who is struggling to open .avi files on your computer, you are not alone. Luckily, there are two easy solutions that can help save you from the continuous error messages.
If you would like to play .avi files with QuickTime Player (the default media player on Mac computers), you will need to download some video compression codecs. These codecs will convert the video's default format to one that is compatible with QuickTime Player. Another alternative is to use VLC Media Player. VLC has the capability to play videos in almost any format, without having to download codecs.
You can download VLC media player here. Once installed, right click on your .avi file and select Open with > VLC.
- How To Play Videos in .avi Format on a Mac
- Avi format video download - Download
- Chineas mp4 not play avi format ✓ - Forum - Software
- Xvideoservicethief x play video - Download
- Lg smart tv not playing videos - Forum - Smart TV
- Unable to play videos transferred to flash drive ✓ - Forum - Pen Drive/USB Key/SD Card