- The taskbar or desktop items are managed by the process explorer.exe. Below is a small tip of how to fix this error temporarily.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to launch Windows Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab
- Stop the process explorer.exe.
- Go to menu Start and select Run
- Enter explorer.exe,
- It is recommended that you make a complete scan of your computer using a software like HiJackThis. (Click on below link to download this software)
- This error may also be a due to a missing or corrupt file. Below is an available tips of how to solve this problem: