Firefox - Open search results in new tab (Search bar)
You can configure Firefox to automatically open the results for a search made using the Search bar into a new tab, instead of refreshing your current page!
The procedure is as follows:
- In the address bar type about:config and press Enter
- Sear for the browser.search.openintab preference.
- Double-click to edit.
- Set the value to True
- Close the about: config window and restart Firefox
NB: To revert the changes, simply set the value of browser.search.openintab to False.
- Firefox - Open search results in new tab (Search bar)
- Firefox hide search bar - How-To - Mozilla Firefox
- Firefox remove search with google from address bar - How-To - Google Chrome
- Why is there a lock symbol on my google search bar - How-To - Google Chrome
- Restore google search bar - How-To - Google
- Why is my search bar unavailable on tiktok ✓ - Forum - Facebook