In the case that you want to hide the system icons (clock, volume, pointing device..etc) from the notification , proceed as follow:
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Notification Area Icon
- Click on "Turn system icons on or off link"
In the new windows that opens, simply switch the behavior from "On" to "Off"
- Windows 7 - Hide system icon from the notification area
- Windows 7 - Remove Java icon from system tray - How-To - Windows 7
- Windows 7 - Hide/show empty drives - How-To - Windows 7
- Windows 7 no wifi icon ✓ - Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Windows 7 missing desktop icons ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Windows 7 notification area icons missing ✓ - Forum - Windows
This document, titled « Windows 7 - Hide system icon from the notification area », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).