Vista will not open any programs.
After AVG warned me of a virus infection, which was promptly handled, each time I try to open any program at all it comes up with an 'open with' box.
I also tried to open REGEDIT.EXE by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and opening Task Manager. Once there, I clicked File, then held down the CTRL key and clicked New Task (Run). This opened a Command Prompt window. I entered REGEDIT.EXE and press Enter. This too came up with the open with screen. Even system restore doesn't work. How can I fix this issue?
- 1. Download the .zip file from the hyperlink below:
- 2. Open the downloaded .zip file, then extract (drag and drop) the .reg file to the desktop.
- 3. Right click on the extracted .reg file and click on Merge.
- 4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK.
- 5. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip and .reg files on the desktop if you like.
- 6. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply.
Thanks to Bionik
for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 26, 2012 at 04:07 AM by Jeff.