I have a problem running Age of Empires 2 on Windows 7. The colors are not properly displayed.
- start the game (AOE2) and press Alt + Tab
- Launch the task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) go to the Processes tab and look for explorer.exe
- Right click on explorer.exe and "stop the process", (your desktop disappears except your screen)
- use Alt + Tab to return to the game and it should be OK.
- when you have finished playing the game close it normally
- open the task manager, tab under "new task" explorer.exe "and your desktop reappears like magic
Thanks to Firestarter77
for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 20, 2016 at 09:37 AM by owilson.