Hidden Files are an integral part of every operating system. In Windows 7 based systems, hidden files can generally be viewed from a folder by enabling the Show Hidden files
option. There are, however, certain hidden files marked as Super Hidden Files that cannot be viewed by this process in platforms based on Windows 7. To view the Super Hidden Files, one has to edit the registry
and access Advanced Explorer settings
. Through this the value of 'Superhidden' has to be edited. Once this process is completed, restarting the computer can solve the issue.
[Windows 7] Display the Super hidden files
Not all the files are displayed in Windows Explorer (even upon enabling "Show hidden files" in folder options)
- To display these super hidden files:
- Open the registry (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Go to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- In the right pane, double-click on "SuperHidden" and set its value to 1.
- Close the registry and restart your PC.
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM by Celia Gatward.